OHA Hawaiian Registry Program - Nā Mamo 'Ōiwi Hawai'i
The OHA Hawaiian Registry Program (HRP) provides Hawaiians, worldwide, with a card that verifies their Hawaiian ancestry. The Office of Hawaiian Affairs issues the card after verifying indigenous Hawaiian ancestry through biological parentage. No blood quantum is required.
• The ancestry verification card confirms your Hawaiian ancestry for OHA’s purposes.
• The card enables you to apply for OHA programs such as loans, grants and scholarships.
• Registering is an easy, one-time process* and you can use the card instead of hauling
around your documents!
• It’s FREE!
* Renewal of ancestry verification card required every 5 years.
How do I Register?
1. Obtain an application form:
• Download form here.
• Call (808) 594-1914 to have one mailed to you
• Visit any OHA offi ce (see back for locations)
2. Collect ALL of the following required documents:
• Application form for each applicant, completed and signed
- If applicant is a minor, a parent or legal guardian must sign the form.
• Applicant’s Birth Certificate (photocopy only) stating Hawaiian ancestry through biological parentage
- If the birth certificate does not indicate Hawaiian through biological parentage then additional
documentation is required
• Photo ID (photocopy only) of the applicant
- If a minor applicant does not have a photo ID, a copy of the photo ID of the parent or legal guardian who
signed the application form is required.
• Color Photograph of applicant for his/her new OHA Hawaiian Registry ancestry verification card.
(Walk in applicants may have their photos taken & all photocopies made in offi ce)
3. Submit all required documents:
• Mail to any OHA office
• Email to email@example.com (Total e-mail size must be less than 6MB)
• Hand deliver to any OHA office
For applications submitted by mail or email, please allow us a minimum of 4 business days from the date we receive all required documents for processing of your registration. Same-day processing usually available for hand-delivered/walk-in applicants.
Hawaiian Registry Program is available Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Appointments suggested for the following locations:
Call for hours of operation:
* Extended hours 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. during Scholarship season (December through May) on Oʻahu only.
33 Lono Avenue, Suite 480
Kahului, HI 96732
Phone: (808) 873-3364
Fax: (808) 873-3361
P.O. Box 631413
Lāna'i City, HI 96763
Phone: (808) 565-7930
Fax: (808) 565-7931
West Hawai'i (Kona)
75-5706 Hanama Pl., Ste. 107
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Phone: (808) 327-9525
Fax: (808) 327-9528
Kaua'i & Ni'ihau
4405 Kukui Grove St, Suite 103
Līhu'e, HI 96766-1601
Phone: (808) 241-3506
Fax: (808) 241-3508
East Hawai'i (Hilo)
162-A Baker Avenue
Hilo, HI 96720-4869
Phone: (808) 920-6418
Fax: (808) 920-6421
P.O. Box 1717
Kaunakakai, HI 96748
Phone: (808) 560-3611
Fax: (808) 560-3968
Original birth certificates can be obtained for a fee from:
STATE OF HAWAI‘I
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Vital Records Section
1250 Punchbowl St., Rm. 103
Honolulu, HI 96813
Adoption information can be obtained from:
FAMILY COURT DIVISION OF
LEGAL RESEARCH AND ADOPTION
RECORDS in the circuit in which the
adoption took place:
1st Circuit: O‘ahu, (808) 954-8145
2nd Circuit: Maui, (808) 244-2770
3rd Circuit: Hawai‘i, (808) 961-7670
5th Circuit: Kaua‘i, (808) 482-2350