Mālama Loan Information
Mission: To enhance access for all persons of Native Hawaiian ancestry to credit, capital, and financial services & skills so as to create jobs, wealth, and economic & social well-being for all the people of Hawai‘i
See maximum loan amounts below
Eligible Loan Purposes
- Business – startup or expansion, maximum $100,000
- Home improvement, maximum $100,000
- Education, maximum $75,000 (tuition for college, private school, day care)
- U.S. Citizen
- Hawaii Resident
- Native Hawaiian (verified by birth certificate, OHA Hawaiian Registry Card, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands or Kamehameha Schools verification letter)
- Business must be 100 percent Native Hawaiian owned
- Credit score of 600 and Debt to Income Ratio (DIR) of 45% or lower
- 14 year amortization may be offered
- Loan Request $10,000 and over requires most recent personal/business tax return, and one of the following: current pay stub or W-2
- Loan Request $25,000 and over, applicant must also provide security interest in real estate or personal property and/or guaranty
- Minimum loan amount $2,500
- Technical assistance may be required of approved business, home improvement, and education loans
To apply, go to any First Hawaiian Bank branch or click on the links below for business and consumer loans.
First Hawaiian is proud to be the strategic lending partner for OHA’s Malama Line of Credit, offering up to $100,000 for business, home improvement, and educational purposes for eligible native Hawaiian applicants. This OHA Malama Loan Program is designed to offer much-needed capital and credit to native Hawaiians, creating economic opportunities in communities throughout Hawaii.
Founded in 1858, First Hawaiian Bank is Hawaii’s oldest and largest bank in the islands. Charles Reed Bishop, the husband of Hawaiian Princess Pauahi Bishop, established the bank to provide a safe and secure place for the people of Hawaii to deposit their hard-earned money. In fact, many of descendents of those who began banking with Mr. Bishop in 1858, continue to bank with us today.
For over 154 years, First Hawaiian Bank continues this tradition of helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals through Service, Solutions, and Security. At First Hawaiian we follow a simple relationship strategy, building customer loyalty by taking care of all of their financial needs in one place. So when you choose to bank with First Hawaiian Bank, you know you have selected a solid, secure, full-service financial institution offering its customers the convenience of online banking as well as at over 58 branch locations throughout the state.
It is also a bank that believes in giving back to the communities it serves. The First Hawaiian Bank Foundation donates several million each year to more than 400 non-profit organizations that enrich education opportunities for our youth, improve the lives of others, build healthier communities and invigorate our diverse cultural life.
First Hawaiian is ready to help you with your financial goals at every stage of your life. We invite you to visit us at fhb.com or stop by at any First Hawaiian Bank branch.
- For business loan, visit https://www.fhb.com/en/business/loans/specialty-loans/oha-malama/
- For consumer loans (home improvement, education) visit www.fhb.com/loans-oha.htm
For more information please call Robert Crowell at (808)594-1924 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org