Who is qualified?
Residents of Puna (one per household) affected by the June 27, 2014 lava flow whose primary residence is located within a mandatory evacuation zone designated by Hawai‘i County officials, and who are 18 years or older and:
- Native Hawaiian OR
- Applicants who are registering as a parent or legal guardian or Native Hawaiian minors (individuals under age 18)
What aid will be provided?
OHA will provide a one-time, one per household $500 support to qualified families. (Processing time from application submission to receipt of check is approximately two weeks.)
How do I apply?
- Complete an application form
- Complete W-9 form
- Gather Hawaiian verification and 2 proof of residency documents
- Submit application, W-9 and documents in person to the OHA Hilo office: 162-A Baker Ave.
Where can I get more information?
- Call OHA offices:
- O‘ahu: 594-1835
- Kona: 327-9525
- Hilo: 920-6418
- Ask at Hilo OHA office: 162-A Baker Ave.
- View the quick overview, the full Guidlines, and Process documentation.
Accepted forms of Native Hawaiian verification
- Birth certificate AND government-issued photo-ID
- OR OHA Hawaiian Registry Card
Accepted proof of residency documentation
Current documents demonstrating permanent residence at an address in a designated lava evacuation zone. (2 required)
- Utility bill
- Mortgage statement
- Rental agreement
- Rent receipt (w/ address)
- Letter from landlord
- Bank statement
- Car registration
- 2013 tax return
- Voter registration